Monday, December 1, 2008

Jair Bortoleto

Jair Bortoleto sees the magic where others see the mundane, which is a brilliant, rare talent. His passion for surfing oozes from his photographs. He captures surfing as it is, and not in some romanticized, clichéd way. He's also a great guy, which counts for a lot." - Jamie Brisick

What's you name and where are you from?
Jair Bortoleto from Santos, Brasil.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
Never did…

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
The pureness on the imperfection. We are all imperfect but we can show some purity on the way we talk, act, breath, surf…

What's surf for you?
One of the most beautiful things ever.

Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?
I should say my book “Alma Santista”, but I will say, the highlight of my photography carrier it was when my uncle cried when he saw one photo that I took. That was deep and it was very emotional to me.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Home.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
Stoked and very anxious.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Fell the love.


www.jairbortoleto.com
Design on the photos by Kyle Lightner http://www.kylelightner.com/

3 comments:

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Hooray! Jair, you are amazing.

Patch said...

Great interview my friend Jair.

Surf4ever said...

Muito boa entrevista, Jair. Direta. Straight to the point!
Sucesso pra ti e pro evento.
Abraço,
Gustavo