Sunday, December 14, 2008

Theo Hetherington

I knew I was missing someone… Theo is an artist from California. He’s a very classic dude and the nicest thing for us is that he will be here in Santos for the show. We are so stoked about it that we will arrange a mural for him to paint with the kids on the Festival days. He’s a great guy and his painting speaks for himself… Will be awesome to have you here broh!

What’s you name and where are you from?
My name is Theodore Mark Hetherington, Born in Hawaii, Raised in Southern California, live in Costa Mesa, Southern California.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I have always been a doodler, since I was really small. I love the scribble game!

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
I love to create art. I love painting on everything and anything. I paint because I enjoy it. I feel my work is an extension of my personality, which i hope gives people a positive vibe and gets them stoked on life!

What’s surf for you?
Surfing for me, is a place to clear my head, to reset. It always puts me in a better mood. There's just something about being surrounded by nature, not just seeing it, but feeling it under you, and being totally submerged in it. All it takes is one wave, one good bottom turn, one drive pump down the line, and I’m stoked all day!

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
I have worked for Trader Joe's, a specialty grocery store, as a sign artist for 5 years. I recently was promoted to be the regional artist/ muralist. I now travel around from store to store painting big murals. This was a personal goal of mine when I first started. I also started my own silk-screening/art studio 3 years ago, and am proud to still be going strong. I have to say that being apart of this surf museum is definitely a highlight in my art career. I'm very excited and honored to be included.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
I think of the people that I met on my last visit. They opened their houses, opened their hearts, and opened their lives to my friends and I. They are pure, real, and beautiful people.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I am very honored and stoked to be part of this art show. This couldn't have come at a better time.

Some words to the people that will see your work.
I hope they enjoy seeing my work and I look forward to being involved in more shows.

http://www.theostyle.com/

1 comment:

Almond Surfboards & Designs said...

theo does some of the most incredible paintings. have you seen his new Tupac painting someone commissioned him to do?