Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kyle Lightner

Kyle is a super good photographer. He’s also a very kind man and I'm stoked that he’s on the show. And the most special thing is that he is the last artists invited for the show! And as you may know, the last is the best… So here we go Kyle!

What´s you name and where are you from?
My name is Kyle Lightner, and I’m from Orange County, California.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I never really ‘found out’ at a specific time that I was going to be an artist…I’ve more or less ‘found myself’ through creating art and being passionate about my interests in life.

What do you want to show to people in your photographs?
The passion that keeps me creating, thriving, and breathing.

What´s surf for you?
It is life. It is my source of energy, and where my perspective comes from. The life of riding waves in such a pure way and filled with passion, represents eternal freedom to me.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
I had a career as a professional photographer earlier this year, but I quit to become a professional photographer without a career. So far, I like it much, much more.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
The reef ads in Surfing Magazine from ‘95.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I honestly feel like it’s the first time I smoked, I’m high out of my mind and everything seems so surreal! This is one of the greatest opportunities any artist could ever dream of, especially being from California and being added to the list of incredible talents known worldwide- It’s truly an honor.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Our life is art; and we choose what we paint our canvas with in our day to day lives…Passion, creativity, and individuality are painting mine. Bring your passion out by the roots, and sing it out like some true feelings.

No comments: