Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chris Malloy

One of the best surf movies ever in my opinion it’s Chris Malloy and Taylor Steele's Shelter. And that movie touch me so much and it was tattoo in my mind for long time, well, maybe even forever… For the Film Festival here in Santos we will have the pleasure and honor to premiere the new Chris's movie, One Track Mind. Let’s see what Chris have to say about him and Brasil… Thanks Chris and Woodshed Films for this!

What’s you name and where are you from?
My name is Chris Malloy and I live in Lompoc, California.

When did you find out that you would be a film maker?
When I broke my leg surfing 2nd reef pipe in 1997.

What do you want to show to people when you do your movies?
The simultaneous sensation of hearing a good song you’ve never heard before while watching really aesthetically pleasing wave riding that you have never seen before.

What’s surf for you?
Surfing for me is the same as it ever was. one of many ways to live a full life.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
I got invited to the Eddie Aikau. That was pretty cool I thought. Other than that, my highlights have just been a few good evening surfs with my friends.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
When I think of Brasil I think of very passionate people. I think of people who have worked hard to get where they are. Oh ya, and I think of those little bikinis. We need more of those in America.

How do you feel to be part of the film festival over here in Santos city?
Any time you put live music together with art and surfing you are going to have a good thing. I’m honored to be a part of any event like that.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Remember not to sit and watch surf movies too much. Go surfing, make music, make art and above all...share waves with each other!

http://www.woodshedfilms.com/films/one_track_mind

1 comment:

Surf4ever said...

"Remember not to sit and watch surf movies too much. Go surfing, make music, make art and above all...share waves with each other!"
What a wonderful answer! That shows what kind of person he is.
Congratulations about the blog and for organizing such a special event. I wish you success.
I've made a post advertising Santos SurfArt, please check it out when you get some time.
Abraço,
Gustavo
www.surf4ever.com.br