Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Steve Sherman and Paulo Xanadu

Steve Sherman work it’s very inspiring to me and I’m sure for most of the surf related photographers out there. He got that decisive moment thing… and it’s just amazing… His photos for the show in Santos will be all about the Brazilian born shaper Paulo Xanadu, which will have a special artistic surfboard made especially for the show. Both of these guys are very special. Both are master on their craft. Check out the double interview with them…

What's you name and where are you from?
Steve Sherman from Cardiff, California.
Xanadu, San Diego, Califórnia, but born in São Paulo, Brasil.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
SS: The first time I made a B/W print (7th.grade).
X: When I was 2 years old.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
SS: Intimate imagery. Show the viewer a decisive moment in time.
X: I like to show that surfboards it is a much more complex then what people thing it is.

What's surf for you?
SS: My lifelong love. It’s what keeps me a float.
X: Surf for me it’s my life, it’s the best thing for my mind, soul and spirit, give the best energy, more than anything.

Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?
SS: Capturing a lot of Kelly's greatest moments while still staying his friend. Inspiring a got amount of surf photographers to push their work in new directions. Bringing SURFING MAGAZINE back from the dead...
X: Highlights on my professional side: Brad Gerlach finish second on the world, Lisa Andersen world champion 2 times on my board, on the last 15 + years many surfer qualifying to the WCT on my boards and many kids won the NSSA Nationals on my boards.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
SS: Beautiful people, great food, Xanadu!!!
X: Brasil it’s a place I love and have my heart on.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
SS: It's a true honor to participate in such show.
X: Feels very good I’m very happy to be part of the show.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
SS: Hope you enjoy what I do...Keep surfing...
X: The surfboard is the connection of human soul with the energy of the ocean waves.

http://www.steveshermanimages.com/Site/Bio.html
http://www.xanadusurfdesigns.com/

2 comments:

Surf4ever said...

Jair,
Já comentei aqui em inglês, agora vai em português!
Obrigado pela visita lá no blog.
Essa exposição promete ser histórica, parabéns mesmo e sucesso.
Tentarei conseguir comparecer, também será um prazer lhe conhecer.
Conte com o Surf4ever para a divulgação. Não são muitos leitores, mas o público é qualificado.
Abraços,
Gustavo
http://surf4ever.wordpress.com

Dawn Gray Moraga said...

FICA EM PAZ

www.dawnreddawn.blogspot.com

www.nicaraguaartmissions.blogspot.com