Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ciro Bicudo

Ciro Bicudo it’s a special dude. His work is very nice and beautiful. Full of nature and soul. His inspiration comes from the street… from the surf and from the skateboard. All mixed and full of grace that brings us a good feeling… Thanks Ciro and lot’s of aloha for you too…

What’s you name and where are you from?
Ciro Bicudo, aka .ORGANIK cidade de São Paulo.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
Draw was always part of my life since an early age, ever since I got involved with surf and skate. I always paid attention to the shapes, illustrations on magazines, the visual identity of the brands I like, the artists involved with all of that. It certainly opened my eyes to start pursuing art, inside a huge universe of information.

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
I strive to deliver beauty and comfort, something pretty for the eyes, where people can just take to time to observe and contemplate the colors and the lack of it. There is a beauty in both moments, they synchronize together.

What’s surf for you?
Freedom. A blank canvas. Equilibrium and flow. Just like art...

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Having had the chance to expose my art in International events like: Mostra internacinal de Arte e Cultura surf -2006 2007 2008- (Brasil) II Surfestival Chile - Festival de Cine y Cultura de Surf -2006 2007 - (Chile) evolving every instant, the evolution is constant .

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Pretty beaches, beautiful nature, and good vibrations. An inspiration for my drawings.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
That really makes me happy considering the fact that Santos is a city that influenced me a lot in what I do due to the music that comes from there, the surf, art, and skate.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Enjoy. I hope that my art can bring some happiness and peace to everyone's life. Aloha…

http://organikworld.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

I love this piece! I also love the new blog look and banner.

sealegs said...

this guys art is crazy good. love the casa da arvore!