Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fabio Bitão

Fabio it’s one of the best, if not the best skateboard photographer from Brasil and the world. His works have been around all the best skate and art related magazines. He’s a very humble and gently guy, full of passion. Very stylish person that will bring his best to the Santos SurfArt. I’m very honored to have Fabio on the show. And I hope all of you guys could be here in Santos in January to see his photos and himself… Thank you very much Fabio… Enjoy his image above (Bob Burnquist flying) and his words below…

What's you name and where are you from?
Fabio Amad aka Bitão, citizen of the world.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
In reality I did find out, was a consequence since I was a kid always doing artistic activities e sports that drove me to a life style related with art and photography, music and other elements that was present in that way I express myself.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
I like to share with other people the feelings and happenings that pass in front of eyes. Bring the person to the place that I took the photo through the image. Highlighting a time. Remembering…. Living...

What's skateboard for you?
Skateboard for me is more than a sport, it’s a lifestyle. It’s my bread and my water.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Photographer since 1992, I collaborate to the main local and foreign magazines. I’m part of the staff of the 100%Skate magazine since 10 years ago. Also work with the main skateboard brands from all around the world. Record a lot of people along their carriers, the skate scene since the beginning of 90’s and number of artists. I was part of a documentary from Sagatiba that I was one of the main characters showing my lifestyle. And in this year, 2008, I released my first photography book called “365Graus”.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
I’m very proud that I born in Brasil. Getting the chance to reach a goal here is a very hard thing and that’s why people do so many things to survive. Also the natural beauty is amazing… There are so many incredible places in our country. The culture, even not been spread, it’s all hide around each little place.

How do you feel to be part of the film festival over here in Santos city?
It’s a huge satisfaction to be part of the show. Showing my work to the incredible people of Santos… on side of great artists from the Surf and Skateboard culture.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Peace, Love and Have Fun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbitao/

No comments: