Wednesday, October 8, 2008

João Catarino

João Catarino’s art is so candid… so innocent and beautiful, that it brings me a lot of peace. For the art show here in Santos he will show some pieces that he paints some days ago. The nicest thing is that it’s his real visions from life and surf. Brasil have a huge connection with Portugal. Portugal it’s so beautiful and I miss my days over there some years ago… I will feel back in Portugal with João’s paintings…

What’s you name and where are you from?
João Catarino; from Estoril coast line, Portugal.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
When I was a very young boy, I play making drawings every day, since that, I choose that way.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
Just a point of view.

What’s surf for you?
A global esthetic and sensorial experience.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Most of the time, I have that highlights as a art teacher, and usually, I share that moments with them.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Color, music and freedom.

How do you feel to be part of the film festival over here in Santos city?
Like riding that crystal blue wave, with everybody.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Surfing is real life style, undered miles faraway from competition idea.

http://desenhosdodia.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

What a beautiful painting. I see what you mean about feeling peaceful.