Sunday, October 19, 2008

Paula Marina

Paula’s work is very beautiful. You can tell that its full passion… I choose this photo above in between so many good shots. It’s not a surf shot, but its so amazingly beautiful that I could help and I pick this one… This shot it was take it in Big Island in Hawaii. Words from Paula below… Aloha Paula!

What’s you name and where are you from?
My name is Paula Marina and I was born in Recife, Pernambuco, but I live in São Paulo, Brazil.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I’m not really sure about when, but everything I remember in my life is connected with art, especially literature and visual arts. I fell in love with literature when I was 10 year old and started reading everything I could, all kinds of books, magazines, newspapers, etc. Then I started writing too. Before that I already had a collection of drawings, photos and illustrations that I used to cut from publications and at 18, photography became a big passion. So, I graduated in journalism.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
I want people get emotional when they see my photos. It could be any feeling: happiness, love, enthusiasm, they could feel angry or just curious about it. I want people feel something.

What’s surf for you?
It’s pure beauty. It’s about the connection between man and nature. Surf is emotion and passion.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Most of highlights in my career are about my working with events. The most important for me was organizing a music festival for teenagers from poor areas in São Paulo years ago and see how many talented kids we have and how happy they are when they have a chance to show their talent. I still connected with many of these kids and it´s amazing seeing that they grab the opportunity and are studying music! As a photographer, I had some of my photos chosen for a national ad campaign for the biggest brazilian telecommunications company last Summer. On my recent trip to Hawaii I could experience another culture, see the big waves, swim with dolphins and document everything and was really unforgettable. One of the things that I like more about photography is the opportunity to travel and meet people. Through photography I can meet interesting people and it doesn’t matter where I am. I’ve been doing that for the last three years around Brazil.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Home, beauty, energy, social problems and a happy people.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
This is amazing, I’m very proud! Santos is one of my favorite cities and I also worked there for five years, its part of my life. This city is full of good energy, beautiful people, history and cool places to visit.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Enjoy it and be happy!

http://www.paulamarina.com.br/default.asp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paula_marina/

No comments: