Monday, September 8, 2008

Andrew Kidman

Andrew Kidman. What should I say about Kidman... He is the biggest influence in my art, and I'm sure in a lot of the surf artists around the world. He does everything good. Good artist, surfer, musician, shaper, photographer, and writer and goes... Above its one of the pieces he will show at the exhibition, but he add some sick color on it, but I will only show like this... if you want to see the colors, you have to come on the show... Little of Andrew for us below.

What’s you name and where are you from?
Andrew Kidman – Windy Hill, Uki.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
When I realized I was unemployable by anyone to do anything.

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
I just want to show what is happening, no bullshit, just the truth.

What’s surf for you?
Anytime I go to the ocean, watching it, riding it, and seeing my kids play in it.

Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?
Highlights for me are when the magic of art happens, I’ll work so hard on something struggling away, not really knowing why and then one day something breaks and it all makes sense. Like a song one day comes from nowhere and sums up everything I believe in. This is the highlight for me when making any kind of art.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Best soccer players in the world. Neco and Flavio Padaratz, Fabio Gouveia - those guys are kings, they have great spirits and are great surfers. Neco is one of my favorites.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
Stoked, I wish I could be there. One day I will come there.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil......
Go Brasil!

http://www.litmus.com.au/