Sunday, September 14, 2008

Frank Cubillos

Frank, really impress me with his art. It's like a old indian draw, mixed with Endless Summer dreams... He's is another guy that have a Brasilian heart. Very kind man, with a big heart and a huge talent. Frank's words below...

What’s your name and where are you from?
Frank Cubillos. I was born in Bogota Colombia to a Cuban mom and Colombian father. We moved to the U.S. when I was 2 years old. I’ve been living in California since then.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
Growing up I was always drawing, I didn’t really pick art as a career path until I was in college, I enjoyed illustration and graphic design and made that my focus. All the while I continued painting, eventually showing my work in local galleries in Los Angeles.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
I try to reach positive notes of heart felt affirmation of passion for life and spirituality through color, curves, line, shape and texture. I try to create a graceful flow with an engaging playful charm.

What is surf for you?
The act of riding a wave is about as close a divine feeling as I’ve ever felt. Surfing is the connection to something beyond our understanding. That connection is what surfing is all about, it’s powerful and it keeps us coming back for more.

Can you tell us some highlights of your career?
Drawing with my kids.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Music, futbol, celebration and surfing.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos City?
Stoked!

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil.
I am a big fan of many things Brasilian and I feel like I am Brasilian at heart. Boa sorte. Obrigado!

No comments: