Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rick Albano

Ricky Albano or Sissyfish?
He rocks with his words, and with his art. It's impossible to don't love the image above... it's lovely and it's very inspiring. Below are little from Rick...

What's you name and where are you from?
Rick Albano, from Portland, Oregon, USA

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I've been drawing religiously since I was old enough to hold a pencil.

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
Art is pretty selfish for me. I want to express myself completely first, and then allow people to explore my art with open minds and draw their own conclusions.

What's surf for you?
Surf is the only thing outside of art that consumes my mind and body so completely when I'm doing it that I am completely in the present. Time is irrelevant when you're on a wave and the same thing goes for when you're riding a swell of creativity.

Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?
Getting my own studio. Reflecting on my drawings and paintings, which I think of as a colorful trail that represents moments in time from my life that will be here long after I'm gone.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
A place I've always dreamed of, since first hearing the music of Jobim, Gilberto, Tom Ze, Sergio Mendez, and seeing the wonderful film Orfeu Negro, not to mention the fantastic beaches and waves.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I'm honored to be part of this exciting event with such incredible talent in such an exciting country, creating art that celebrates the sport I love.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Everyone is an artist. Express yourself everyday. And keep surfing!

No comments: