Monday, September 29, 2008

Heather Brown

It’s so real and so unreal at the same time. Heather’s work is so amazing and beautiful. She’s working with big names and her work has been around the world in galleries and Festivals. She lives in the beautiful island of O'ahu in Hawaii and I can’t wait to see the pieces that she’s doing specially for the show here. Let’s see below what Heather has to say to us…

What’s you name and where are you from?
My name is Heather Brown and I live in Hawaii, but I am from Southern California.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
Since I was a little girl, I was always making art. I’ve only been working a full time artist though now about two years
.
What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
I want to show them a fresh and new perspective on art... And make something that is different from the rest.

What’s surf for you?
I love surfing! It’s soulful, it’s fun, its exercise, it’s peaceful, it’s exhilarating, it’s interacting with nature, and it’s beautiful.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Two big highlights this year were, working with Jack Johnson to create his Kokua Fest poster, and also working with Randy Rarick to make the women’s Vans Triple Crown poster for this year.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Well, since I live on the North Shore, I have made a lot of friends here that are from Brasil who come here for the waves. They are so full of life and happy.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
It’s exciting to show my work in another country and share a similar love for surfing and art.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Live Aloha!

http://www.heatherbrownart.com/home.php

1 comment:

sealegs said...

great artwork! love the blues.