Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jamie Brisick

Jamie Brisick is Brasilian... No, he's not .. I'm just kidding. But this american photographer and journalist have a brasilian heart for sure. He's one of the best surf journalist in the world and a very nice man. Hope you enjoy this words by Jamie.

What´s you name and where are you from?
Jamie Brisick, Los Angeles.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
Possibly during an LSD experience in 1989.

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
The experiences that touch me, which are often exotic and out of my comfort zone.

What´s surf for you?
Part prison sentence, part the best thing that ever happened to me.

Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?
Fulbright scholarship to japan, 2008.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
The opening scene of dona flor and her two husbands, turqoise blue barrels in fernando de noronha, the song "bebete vambora" by jorge ben, and my beautiful wife gisela matta.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I am very grateful and thankful. some of the best moments of my life have happened here in brasil.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
I
hope that you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie Brisick is AMAZING!