Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jesse LeDoux

Jesse’s work is amazing. Make’s me fell like I was a child again, anxious to watch a cartoon. This art above it’s just a sample. For the Santos SurfArt we will do some collaboration together. I can’t wait to see the pieces done. It’s a great honor to myself and Jesse it’s a super gently guy… Thanks man…

What's you name and where are you from?
My name is Jesse LeDoux. I'm originally from the Northwest corner of the US, and then moved to the East Coast for 3 years. I've spent the last year living in Tokyo.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I started my studies in college with the intention of being a mechanical engineer. As my grades started slipping, I realized I had been fooling myself the entire time. It was art that I had wanted to be doing all along.

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
I'd like people to come and explore the world that exists inside my head. Perhaps it can help them find a similar place inside their own head.

What's surf for you?
Surfing is a nice escape. I don't get to do it nearly enough, so when I do, it's a rare treat. It's a time where I can be alone with my thoughts, without any distractions.

Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?
Every new opportunity for me is a small new highlight. I've been nominated for a Grammy. I've created my own line of toys. I've made art for snowboards, bike helmets, book covers and skateboard trucks. And I've been able to show my work around the world. I feel that I've been lucky to have many highlights I'm very proud of.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Sun and good food. Am I right?

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I'm excited! I've heard that the new museum looks incredible. It's an honor to be invited to have my work in the show.

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Be nice to those around you.