Friday, September 19, 2008

Lana Porcello

Lana’s work is amazingly beautiful. It is simple and super complex at the same time. I’m very happy to have a couple on the show. She and Dave are both super talented.
I can’t wait to see what she’s preparing for the show… Below, it’s little words from Lana.

What’s you name and where are you from?
My name is Lana Porcello, and I live in San Francisco, CA.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I feel most excited about making art when I can connect with the intuitive part of my consciousness, so in that way, I think art came most easily to me when I was very small. Now that I am older, I try to find ways to reach back to that beginning place in order to create art that feels true and meaningful to me.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
I hope that I can express some of the simple truths that connect us and make us all part of the same network of life.

What’s surf for you?
I am very very much a beginner surfer! I grew up in a coastal area of Boston where the sea is an integral part of everyday life, but few people surf. Now, in California, it's fun and challenging to learn about this new way of interacting with the ocean.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Moving to San Francisco has taught me so many difficult and important lessons about myself as an artist, so these last few years have been a pivotal time of change and growth in my art.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
To me, Brasil is both energetic and serene, overflowing with music and beauty. I can't wait to go back!

How do you feel to be part of an art show over herein Santos city?
I am thrilled!

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
E um grande prazer fazer parte do seu evento. Um grande abraco.


http://twobirdsfly.myshopify.com/products/img-src-http-static1-shopify-com-s-files-1-0017-6082-files-lana_title-gif-alt

No comments: