Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mick Waters

Mick Waters is a family man. A man with love for surf and for the art he does. His film "Believe" is a jewel. A beautiful statement of love. Mick turn to be a good friend of my. Funny times we live, because we never see eachother in person, but I consider him one of my good friends, due his kindness, his patience, his love for someone he never saw. In this crazy world we live, it's a big lack of this... love. Mick will show two stunning pieces on the art show and we will screen "Believe" to the people here as part of the Film Festival. It's all about love. Mick's words below..

What’s you name and where are you from?
Mick Waters, The Pocket, Australia.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
I have always liked drawing ever since I was a kid. My mum is a really good drawer so I think is why I started. I still draw sometimes, not very often though. But as an adult you find different mediums to move into As a kid it is very basic, painting or drawing. Now we have many options and there is so much technology enabling people to be creative in different ways. Filming surfing and making movies is my creative avenue.

What do you want to show to people when you do you art?
Hopefully, something beautiful? You are trying to inspire people, evoke a feeling or a thought. I hope it is also a reflection of me and who I am.

What’s surf for you?
Surfing is very important to me. It is up there with family and friends as being something that I would struggle to do without. My family and friends come first, but surfing is a definite second. It keeps me sane, provides exercise, lets me travel, meet new people and to have some of the most unique experiences that only surfers can.

Can you tell us some highlights in your career?
Being able to do what I do for a living. Not many people get to follow their dreams and get paid for it. The places I have been to and the friends I have made through my job is amazing.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
The world’s best soccer team, the brothers who teach jiu jitsu and that dancing, gymnastics, cross martial arts thing you do. Insane! Lots of passion.

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I feel honored to be a part of it. I am not a recognized person as far as all this stuff is concerned. So, any opportunity to get my work seen is a real bonus. I am extremely grateful and appreciative. Thank you, Jair!

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Thanks for supporting this Festival and all the artists. I hope you like the work and thank you!

http://www.littlehouseproductions.com.au/

1 comment:

Leonard Gates said...

Thanks for writingg this