Friday, September 26, 2008

Yusuke Hanai

Yusuke is one of the nicest guys around. Always kind and generous… Very talent artist with a unique view of surf. He also made my logo… And the nicest thing is that, Yusuke will come all the way from Japan to attend the show here. It will be epic and I will make sure we share some waves with him. Santos haves a huge connection with Japan, due that, the first Japanese immigrants arrived in Brasil here in the city port. Some months ago we even received the visit of the Japanese Prince! Cold beer it’s already on the freezer, Yusuke…

What’s you name and where are you from?
Yusuke Hanai from Japan.

When did you find out that you would be an artist?
When I was 20years old, me and my friends made a own Bar and Restaurant at our local area YOKOHAMA. We all surfers.We love 60’s 70’s music and culture.We didn’t have enough money. So we build the Bar by ourselves. Of course we couldn’t pay for design of Signboard, menu, Logo, and any artworks. I did every art works for the Bar. I think that is my first experience for artwork. I worked the Bar for 5years.I did so many artworks for the bar.

What do you want to show to people when you do your art?
All is equal on the sea and the wave shines to all people and shows various colors. There are various colors in the world, and the all is equal, and the world is beautiful simply because there are various colors.

What’s surf for you?
The thing which resets my head Can you tell us some highlights in your carrier?Exhibitions like 2007 The Happening NYC, The Green Room Festival Yokohama, The Green Room Festival Osaka, 2008 The Happening Sydney Australia,The Happening Tokyo Japan, The Happening London England, The Happening Corn Wall England, The Happening Paris France, Creatures Comfort Show with Jesse Ledoux, Gallery at The Surf Gallery Laguna CA.

What comes to your mind when you hear the word Brasil?
Bright Colors, Samba, Dance & Mundial!!

How do you feel to be part of an art show over here in Santos city?
I feel great. I can't wait to be there!

Some words to the people that will see your work in Brasil...
Peace!

http://hanaiyusuke.com/

No comments: